Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Dude Anwsers All

The Dude: Look, nothing is fucked, here, man.
The Big Lebowski: Nothing is fucked?
[shouting]
The Big Lebowski: The god damn plane has crashed into the mountain!

Soooo...about 5 months ago I screwed something up at work and because of the nature of this screw up, it is just now being discovered, by not only me, but the people on the ground trying desperately to fix it. I could tell something was seriously fucked as soon as the phone calls and email started coming in faster than I could form a curse word to express my angst.

Did I mention its my fault? Yeeeaaaaaaa.

In logisitics, you *really *really *really dont want to mess up timing. Dont. Ever. You set up a transport system and the chain gets broken- your fault. You can go from hero to blubbering asshole in a matter of seconds.

So scream at me, scream with me, pound your fist, curse like a sailor, throw out crazy-impossible solutions, but do not tell me that "everythings going to be fine". Or, "we'll get through this". "Just take it easy". I feel too guilty to hear that. I can't fix it.

I should have stayed at church for the social hour. *sigh

God, let this get better before it gets any worse.
Much love,

Humble Pie.

No comments: