Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School

For the first time in a long time, I found myself in a classroom this morning with a pen and a three ring binder. How odd. Fun, but very odd.

Classes should be good. I have no idea- repeat no- idea why I decided to study hard, often boring, things in college the first time around. In my classes today- an architectural drafting course and a CADD class- we drew stuff and learned buttons on a computer program. Seriously- I must have been out of my mind in my late teens. Political science and Arabic? Nightmare. I could have been drawing that whole time, but noooooooooo...ugh.

Last time I was in college, it wasn't that fun. I took the things I had to take in order to get the job I wanted once I was out. Classes were simply a means to an end- fuck the journey, give me the destination. This time, I am going to try something different. I am going to try to enjoy all of it- the classes and the work. I may get this CADD certificate and go right back to the career I had before. I might not. No clue where I will end up with all this. But either way, I hope this time I have fun getting there.

No comments: