Wednesday, June 9, 2010

See that ticker?

The fingers...on the left of the screen. Thats a hit-counter. An American Sign Language webpage hit counter. Vanity made me add it. Its pretty nerd-bally, I know, but I love Sign Language and since everything else on 52islandweeks is nerdy, it works.

Recently, I became *acutely aware of just how weirdo my blog is when someone asked if I had a Facebook page. They asked for reference-sake. I dont mean job interview reference...more like "I want to make sure you're not a weirdo" reference or "do you have a picture of yourself" reference. In this day and age, its a perfectly legit request and I felt compelled to offer something. But I dont have a facebook. Fuck facebook. All I have is this blog and a 6 year old MySpace page...and I can't even remember how to sign in to that damn thing.

But, I'm not so sure this blog is a good reference. I mean there's a reason why its 95% anonymous. I keep it anonymous so I can vent. So I can let the extremes of my personality out without fear of judement. I look at the ticker that counts my web-hits and I think...

...the hits are not really the result of 1000+ people looking at my blog. That number is simply the result of my mom and Erin clicking on it a hundered times to make me feel like someone reads this bullshit. Lets, for my pride's sake, pretend like it is.

No comments: