Tuesday, September 9, 2008

cAR wOES


Spent the night with C.L. All was lovely.

Wake up- tear myself out of bed- drive to 7/11 for coffee-get a flat-put on the spare-drive away from 7/11. Spares flat. Call AAA. Wait an hour. Miss my morning class. Tow the car to Kramer Tire. Alignment, bearings, a CV joint, break pads and two tires- all bad. Miss my afternoon class. Spend lots of money. Drive to home to Mam's. Catch the mailperson while walking in. Read mail. Cobra eligbility runs out October 1.


Fuck.
Me.


The good news? I didn't cry.
K- I did for like 10 seconds, but it wasn't a through-and-through boo'hoo session. Just a lil misty.

Thank the Goodness (i.e. my father) that I have AAA. I have no idea how many times they have come to my rescue. They dropped me off at Kramer Tires on Independence Blvd in Virginia Beach. And while Kramer's seemed a bit high, they also seemed relatively straight foreward and didn't make me feel like a dumb bitch. Isn't that always nice?

I want to live somewhere that cars are "optional". Washington. Boston. Chicago. Bum-fuck-ride-a-bike. I don't care. Just no car. I want to walk to the grocery store, to coffee, to dinner. I want to take the Metro, Underground, T.... whatever to work. I want to catch a cab to the bars and home from from shopping. I miss 13th and U - all within 5 blocks:

My favorite thai.
CVS
Whole Foods
Mexican, Maggie Moo's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Mediterranean, Harry's
Dupont
Barnes and Noble
Star Bucks
17th Street "gayville"

*sigh.

I whining. Which I am actually finding much more annoying than just crying.
Pardon me for a moment...

No comments: